Guangdong International Economy Association
The Guangdong International Economy Association (GIEA) was founded in Guangzhou city, the capital of Guangdong province, China on 23rd, Dec. 2009 after the world financial crisis by a group of influential scholars, professionals, well-known entrepreneurs as well as some most important enterprises within Guangdong province.
1. GIEA’s key functions
l Building up talent tank to organize research on economic security related issues, and deliver suggestions to government;
l Promoting the communication and corporation between the Pan-Pearl River Delta and other regions all over the world;
l Organizing economy related forums;
l Offering training program on economic security;
l Providing legal and technical consultancy services to enterprises, especially to association members;
l Promoting the concept of economic security via GIEA website and the Economic Security Online magazine.
2. GIEA’s unique advantage
l Guangdong based
1) Guangdong is the largest coastal province in south China, adjacent to Hong Kong.
2) In 2016, GDP of Guangdong province has achieved nearly 1.2 trillion USD.
3) In 2016, the total amount import and export of Guangdong province reached nearly 1 trillion USD.
4) Pillar industries include petrochemical, automobile, electronics and telecommunication equipment, garment and textile, etc.
l Close relationship with the local government
GIEA has close and extensive relationship with the local government, especially with the Development and Reform Commission of Guangdong Province, the Economic & Information Commission of Guangdong Province, and State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Guangdong Province.
l Rotating presidency system
GIEA’s rotating presidencies are all top ranking large state-owned corporations, with total assets over 55.8 billion USD, covering most of the crucial industries within Guangdong, they are:
1) Guangdong Guangye Assets Management Co., LTD
Business segments include alternative energy and environmental friendly business such as operating wind farms, biomass power plants and sewage treatment plants; iron ore mining; electric and machinery equipment manufacturing like car parts and lithium battery.
2) Guangdong Rising Assets Management Co., LTD
Non-ferrous metal related business is the dominant segment, including mining, smelting as well as trading.
3) Guangdong Yu Dean Group Co., LTD
Yu Dean is the largest utility group in Guangdong, possessing strong competence in both traditional and alternative energy sectors.
4) Guangdong Communication Group
Core businesses include high way construction and operation, logistics and intelligent traffic systems design.
5) Guangdong Hengjian Investment Holding Co., LTD
With total assets over 120 billion USD, it has been one of the main financing and investing platforms for state-owned enterprises and stated-owned capital in Guangdong province.